“What kind of beast is your salamander?” asked the Prince. “It is hard to tell their kind, your Honor,” said Golg. “For they are too…
The City of Malibu is joining with Heal the Bay to host the 2023 Coastal Cleanup Day at Zuma Lagoon and Westward Beach on Saturday, September 23, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM. This volunteer event is part of California Coastal Cleanup Day, and is open to everyone, including adults, children, community groups, and businesses.California Coastal Cleanup Day was started in 1985, and has become one of the largest trash collection events in the world, with thousands of volunteers participating across the state.”The people of Malibu are a responsible custodian of the area’s natural resources for present and future generations,” said Mayor Bruce Silverstein. “That is a quote from our city’s Vision Statement, and I invite everyone in Malibu to join our city staff on Coastal Cleanup Day to help Malibu stay true to that Vision.”Saturday, September 23, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PMWestward Beach by the restroom building on Westward Beach Road (Map: www.MalibuCity.org/MalibuCleanupMap2023). Look for City of Malibu popup tents.To protect the environment and create a zero-waste beach cleanup, we request that volunteers:
· Bring a bucket or bag to collect beach trash
· Bring reusable garden gloves to pick up trash
· Walk, bike, carpool, or use public transportation to the site
· Bring filled reusable water bottles
· Bring sun protection (sunscreen, hat, sunglasses)
· Bring water and snacks (no single-use plastic bottles please)To sign up, visit Tinyurl.com/MalibuBeachCleanup2023. Volunteers of all ages are welcome. Anyone under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Students can earn three volunteer hours for this activity. Participants are asked to sign the online waiver at https://tinyurl.com/MalibuCACleanup2023Waiver and bring the email confirmation or a signed paper waiver.
Registration is closed.